Technology Services DTS
The Division of Technology Services supports all aspects of technology at the Institute.
To provide technologies that will:
- Enrich the experience of Wentworth’s stakeholders
- Enhance the reputation of the Institute
- Facilitate a culture of innovation and creativity through technology
Build relationships across the Institute to ensure that technology solutions are creating opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies, and are agile enough to facilitate growth, innovation, and creativity.
- Operational excellence
- Information security/regulatory compliance
- Customer service
- Collaboration and mobility
- Financial stewardship
- Leadership, partnership, and business enabling
- Employ best practices in managing technology operations to ensure cost-effective delivery of reliable, scalable services.
- Stability and reliability of core services
- High-quality personnel
- Exceptional planning and project management
Programs of Service
- Administrative and Business Enterprise and local services that support the administrative and business functions of an institution. Includes reporting, descriptive analytics, finance, student information systems, advancement, and conference and event support.
- Communication and Collaboration IT services that facilitate institutional communication and collaboration needs. Includes email, calendaring, telephony/VoIP, video/web conferencing, unified communications, digital and web communications, and media/AV services.
- End-Point Computing Services that enable community members to do their day-to-day work, including providing access to enterprise services. Includes network access, user file storage, end-point computing backup solutions, desktop support, computer labs, and printing/plotting.
- Infrastructure-Enterprise level hardware, software, systems, and network infrastructure that provide underlying support for Institute activities. Includes data centers, Internet access, wired and wireless networking, telephony and collaboration tools, central storage and backup solutions, virtual servers, and systems management.
- IT Professional Services that are consultative in nature; these may be a combination of customer-facing and non-customer-facing services. Includes IT training, consulting/advisory services, business continuity/disaster recovery, enterprise architecture, portfolio/project management, business systems analysis, and IT Service Management.
- Security Infrastructure and services that provide security, data integrity, and compliance for institutional activities. Includes services such as virus protection, encryption, privacy impact assessments, risk management, emergency preparedness, data security, access controls (i.e., accounts, passwords), audit and monitoring systems, and stewardship.
- Teaching and Learning management system and academic technology infrastructure and services to support course consulting, meaningful integration of instructional technology, and resources directly supporting face-to-face, hybrid, online delivery. Includes: course design, teaching with technology, engaging students, using Bb Learn, and learning analytics.