Alternative to Classroom Study Options

Independent Study

Independent Study courses provide an opportunity for individual pursuit of knowledge in an area not covered in a regularly scheduled classroom course. Independent Study courses include directed readings, advanced problems,  specialized research, or specialized projects.

Graduate Co-op 

Graduate Co-op is required for students enrolled in  the 2-year and 3-year M.Arch degree programs. Students should refer to their specific program requirements to determine their Co-op semester.

  • COOP6500: GRADUATE COOP EDUCATION required for 2 and 3 year M.ARCH students only is considered full-time enrollment status. For all other graduate programs, COOP6500 is considered an optional COOP. Students in this instance will not be considered as full time graduate students and should contact their Financial Aid Advisor for information on how this status change will impact their semester .

Military Service

To qualify for advanced standing credit, students must provide official documentation of military service and follow the process listed below. Veteran students, spouses and dependents will work with the Director of Military Connected Services  and complete the following steps:

  • Obtain your DD-214/Separation papers (if applicable)
  • Apply for benefits
  • Obtain Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
  • Send COE and DD-214 via fax (617-989-4201, ATTN: SCO) with your Full name, Wentworth ID number and Major