Registration - New and Returning Students

  • Preregistration for current undergraduate students conditionally accepted into a graduate program for the fall semester is held in June.
  • Registration for newly accepted graduate students occurs in June  prior to the student’s matriculation in the fall semester.
  • Registration for continuing students occurs for each of the three academic semesters. Prior to each registration period, course listings, specific registration dates and times, registration instructions as well as up to date information regarding course openings and prerequisites are available online through the LeopardWeb student portal. Responsibility for course selection and fulfillment of graduation requirements ultimately rests with the student. Students must resolve all holds on their accounts prior to the start of the registration period. 

Registration Hold Due to Non-Payment

Approved methods to settle the bill:

  • Payment in full OR
  • Approved financial aid and all requirements complete OR
  • Approved payment plan

Course Load

  • All graduate students enrolled in nine or more credits are considered full-time.
  • Graduate students enrolled in one to eight credits are considered part-time students.

A full-time student may not schedule an overload of courses without the approval of the Associate Dean  of their program on a Credit Overload Form. An overload is any number of semester credit hours beyond  the number that  appears on their graduate degree plan.  A student will be assessed a per-credit tuition charge for each approved overload credit in addition to the full-time tuition charge for that semester; payment for credit overloads is due at the time of registration. Refer to the tuition and fees portion of the catalog for more information.

Course Changes and Withdrawals

Students can make schedule changes during the first week of the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Students should consult the Academic Calendar for part of term course change dates.

Students who withdraw from a course after the end of the drop/add period and before the published deadline for the last day to withdraw will receive a "W" recorded in the grade column of their academic transcript. Student who choose to withdraw from a course after the deadline will receive a final grade of 'F'. To withdraw from a course after the drop/add period, students must complete a Graduate Course Withdrawal form, and submit it to the Registrar no later than the deadline published in the Academic Calendar.  Students will not be permitted to withdraw from courses after the published deadline; non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal from a course.

Students enrolled for less than 9 credit hours may impact a student’s financial aid package, housing, and may extend a student’s graduation date. International students who choose  to withdraw from a course are required to obtain the written permission of the Director of International Student Services ; International students must be full-time to maintain valid F-1 Student Visa status.

Transfer Credit after Matriculation

To receive credit for courses taken at another accredited institution, graduate students must obtain approval in advance. Failure to obtain this approval could result in denial of the course credit.

The Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form is available on the registrar’s website. Requests for approval of a course from another institution should be accompanied by the course description and the syllabus from that institutions catalog. Approval must be obtained prior to registering for the course at the other institution, failure to adhere to the pre-approval guidelines may result in denial of  transfer academic credit.   It is the students’ responsibility to have official transcripts sent directly by the institution to the Registrar’s Office upon completion of the course. 

Note: a minimum grade of "B" is required for credit transfer. Grades for courses taken at an institution other than Wentworth are not used in computing the student’s GPA. No academic credit is awarded for Internship/co-op, Practicum, Directed Research, Preparatory, or remedial course work or for courses with grades of "P" or "S". Grades for coursework completed at another institution are not recorded on the student’s official transcript, transfer credit is assigned a grade of "TR".

  • New Graduate Transfer students must submit an official transcript to the Office of Graduate Admissions before the University can evaluate and award credit. Students who have attended regionally accredited institutions may receive a maximum of 2 courses or 8 credits completed with a final grade of B or higher that are comparable in depth and content to those offered at Wentworth. Under no circumstances will graduate credit be granted for  undergraduate credit completed another university.