Curriculum leading to graduate degree are so planned that a student will ordinarily be able to complete the requirements for graduation in one (1) year for accelerated graduate programs (M.Arch, MSPM, M.Eng.CE) or in less than two (2) years MSCM, MSFM, MSPM & M.Eng.CE. Degrees will be awarded to candidates who have fulﬁlled the following:
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements for a graduate degree must be under a catalog in effect within two years of the date of graduation. The catalog used, however, may be no earlier that the catalog in effect at the time of matriculation or in the case of a change of program no earlier than the catalog in effect when the program was formally changed.
- A maximum of eight (8) transfer credit hours may be applied towards the completion of a graduate degree; the remaining credit hours must be completed at Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and any other academic requirements of the students major as outlined by the department.
- Students will not be allowed to receive their diplomas or transcripts until all ﬁnancial obligations to the University have been resolved.
- Conferral of a graduate degree occurs when the registrar ﬁnalizes the student’s academic record and conﬁrms that all requirements have been satisﬁed, which includes ‘IC’ (Incomplete) grades.
- Participation in the Commencement ceremony does not constitute conferral of the degree. Similarly, inclusion of a student’s name in such publications as the Commencement program does not conﬁrm eligibility for the degree.
Graduate Degree Distinction
Graduate distinction is based upon the top 10% of the graduating class.
Participation in Commencement
Commencement ceremonies occur in April and August. Students in good academic standing may participate in Commencement and are subject to the following conditions:
- Students will have satisﬁed all graduation requirements by Commencement, which includes in-progress courses
- 3.0 or higher, cumulative grade point average in the semester before graduation